Independently, Calli made the mashed potatoes, only needing assistance to determine the amount of butter and milk to add. Through the process of preparing this meal, Calli learned a new cooking term: searing. She seared the pork chops to perfection!
Calli did a great job with portion sizes and incorporating all food groups into this meal. Great job Calli!
Calli’s Honey Mustard Pork Chops
– 4 top loin pork chops
– 1/3 cup orange juice
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons honey mustard
1. Put the pork chops in a large non-stick skillet.
2. Cook over medium-high heat to brown one side of the pork chops.
3. Use the spatula to turn the chops.
4. Add the orange juice, soy sauce and honey mustard to the pan.
5. Cover the pan and lower the heat.
6. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until the chops are done.
Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. 2 tablespoons of honey mustard can be substituted with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of mustard mixed together. To thicken sauce, if needed, remove cooked pork chops and cook sauce without a lid until desired consistency is reached.