Do you have a hobby? If you answered “yes” that’s great! If you answered “no,” it might be a good idea to consider finding one sometime soon. We all know living in cold Minnesota can make it hard to do anything, let alone leave our homes. Hobbies have many benefits that add to our overall happiness and may even make us want to get out and about. Not convinced yet? Here are some reasons to have a hobby:
- They have no deadlines and are pressure-free.
- They can be a healing break from our daily routines. Sometimes we just need to do something that doesn’t involve work.
- They can make us feel productive.
- Hobbies are a great way to connect and meet others.
- They’re an opportunity to learn more about ourselves. Who knew you would be such a natural? Not you unless you try!
Excited to start a new hobby, but not sure which one to pick yet? Ask a friend what hobby they enjoy and try it out with them sometime. If their hobbies don’t interest you as much, look online. Pinterest is a nice resource to use when looking for DIY projects. YouTube is also a great site to utilize because there are endless videos that walk you through how to make certain crafts. Here are some hobbies you might consider trying:
- Watercolor painting